Skip to main content

Lydia and Aliyah



Lydia is a highly sensory oriented kid always touching and wanting to be touched to the point of driving me crazy. Poor thing also suffers from eczema. So this morning she climbs in my bed as is our usual custom and she tells me she is starving and I say okay and then we snuggle for a few minutes before I bring her downstairs to make her breakfast which she never eats. So I am rubbing her tummy and her legs when all of a sudden she sits up and says stop that you are going to hurt my baby. Something I say frequently as she is always climbing on my belly. It is a girl baby not a boy baby like Sam's. I had a boy baby once and it escaped. I dug a small hole to catch it but it climbed out so I had to dig a very big hole. So this one is a girl.

Aliyah was getting into the kids shelves with their school books and saying to herself "Aliyah did it". She must here this every time someone discovers a new mess somewhere. LOL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bible is not a self-help book

My dear sweet friend has invited me and my children to come once a week and study I Peter via video web cast. It is a church in Washington State, Mars Hill Church. www.marshillchurch.org. Anyway, he was speaking of the Old Testament being about Jesus and the New Testament being about Jesus. He reviewed many prophesies fulfilled and it was beautiful to be reminded of all that Jesus has done and will do. It is all about Jesus! Out of all the things he said the thing that struck me the most was that the Bible is not a self-help book. Big deal you say. Think about this. How many books in the Christian book store are self-help books. If you do this, you will get this result. If you have this problem read, pray and meditate on this verse, chapter, principle etc. The Bible is not some rule book. Follow the rules and you will get xyz. If you have this problem and follow this formula your results will be..... That is not to say that there is not instruction and warning and tho...

the worst thing he could think of

We were reviewing the Passover story and I asked what happened when the Pharoah refused to let the Isrealites go. Josiah yelled out. " oh, I know, he sent frogs, bugs, and carrots". Carrots!!! I just love moments like these.

I yearn for order, I love order, I crave order.

Messes seem to paralyze me. You would not guess this from the state of my house. (this is our sock and laundry pile) However, I am also a low key, not a high energy person mostly due to health issues and fatigue. So... I plan. I love to plan actually. I plan meals, I plan organizational ideas, I plan school, I plan to plan. My school year starts out with me reflecting on what I didn't like and did like about the last school year. There are some years I realize that we used a method or curriculum that is diametrically opposed to our homeschool philosophy. This past year is a good example of this reflection. For our family, workbooks aren't necessarily a good tool for us to learn, neither are lapbooks. This year I picked up a workbook for everything. I even had more than one for most subjects. Just the 3 R's took hours, retention was lower than I wanted and the fun Konos stuff tended to be left out in favor for, another workbook. So armed with ...